Others : Editor
Primary Location: Andheri West, Mumbai
HR Desk - ABEC ITE believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to pursue individual career growth.
Our Organization is looking forward to hire "Editor” for our Mumbai Office.
We Seek: -
• Generating ideas for features with writing staff
• Commissioning articles from freelance and in-house writers, including sending out briefs to writers, which can include word count, deadline, fee and writing style
• Managing writing staff and freelance feature writers
• Editing and re-writing articles, some of which may be rejected or returned to the writer for revision writing key articles
• Overseeing the layout, appearance and content of feature articles
• Overseeing artwork, design and photography for the features section of the magazine
• Organizing meetings with writers and artists to discuss ideas for artwork, layout and features
• Assisting other staff to meet their deadlines
• Negotiating payments with freelance writers
• Understanding and complying with media law and industry ethical guidelines
• Selecting feature articles for each issue
• Proofreading all pages before going to press
• Raising the profile of the magazine
• Networking with others at industry events
We seek to hire someone who is full of enthusiasm, someone who has the hunger to learn and grow with the organization. A person who is excellent with communication skills and highly presentable.
• Bachelors / Master’s degree in journalism or Mass communication.
• 4 to 8 years of relevant experience in the field of journalism.
• Knowledge on magazine content writing, editing, photojournalism, and graphics design.
• Proficiency in English.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Expert in organizational and management skills.
• Creative and confident.
• Expert research and accuracy skills.
• Expert computer operating skills.
• Expert in managing time and completing the allocated work within the given time frame.
• Ability to take quick decisions.
• Knowledge about internet marketing.
• Ability to work for long hours.
• Ability to work under pressure.
The HR Team
ABEC-ITE India Pvt Ltd
530, Laxmi Plaza, 5th Flr, Laxmi Industrial Estate,
New Link Road, Andheri (W),
Telephone : +91-22-4286 3900
To apply, please send a copy of your updated resume along with a recent photograph to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our recruitment team.